Friday, September 18, 2009

APB: Calling All Cars! Find Blogger Latte Island Immediately!

By Nicholas Stix

I just tried to access one of my favorite blogs, Latte Island, and got the following Google message:


This blog is
 

open to invited
 

readers only 



http://latteisland.blogspot.com/

It doesn't look like you have been invited to read this blog. If you think this is a mistake, you might want to contact the blog author and request an invitation….


When a blogger goes private, it usually follows some sort of harassment.

Here’s the rub: I never had an eddress for Latte; she never provided one.

I was able to access her recent work through September 13, via a Google cache, but Google caches last a few weeks, at most, before they vanish into the ether. So, if anyone is in contact with Latte, please have her get in touch with me!

6 comments:

C said...

A couple of weeks before the blog closed, latte posted that she'd not had time to post anything recently. Maybe that, rather than some harassment, is the reason.

The Man said...

Same here and no idea why!

Anonymous said...

No harassment, just burnout. I should have written a final post to that effect, but I wanted to make my content unavailable, because it caused me some minor inconvenience. The easiest way for me to keep my archives off Google (eventually) was to make the blog private, even though that prevented me from writing a final post.

I apologize for my bad manners, but it would have been too much trouble to do it the right way. Thanks for your support. It was thrilling to interact with real writers for a while. Maybe I'll be back one of these days, but for the time being, my everyday life has become more interesting than politics.

NiviusVir said...

I found Latte's blog interesting. I noticed she or he had not been posting.

Nicholas, I've been trying to check up on your VDARE work. I visited just the other day.

bathmate said...

As always an excellent posting.The
way you write is awesome.Thanks. Adding more information will be more useful.

Bathmate

Anonymous said...

No harassment

Glad to read that. I remember you as one of the bloggers who was threatened with anal rape over the Florida schoolgirls. I was worried.