Saturday, May 15, 2010

Change of Plans

The Knoxville Horror
David in Tennessee’s Vanessa Coleman Trial Journal, Part X
5/2/2010 5:35:13 P.M. EDT

I told you this morning that I was going to Knoxville to attend a day of the fourth Knoxville Horror [murder] trial. I went 50 (of 250) miles, but had to turn back.

We have had torrential rain in Tennessee this weekend. It has rained in buckets. The country road I live on is partly flooded. My basement has taken water. There are flash floods on the interstates.

It is supposed to be good weather by Tuesday. I may try to go to Knoxville on Wednesday or Thursday. I had wanted to see the first day. I'll follow it by internet as far as possible.


Sent: Sunday, May 02, 2010 5:16 PM (Obviously, our computers’ respective EDT clocks were not synchronized.)
Subject: Re: Change of Plans

Dear David,

I'm sorry to hear about the storm, and hope that your house hasn't sustained damage, and that things clear up enough that you can hit the road again on Wednesday.

Regards,

Nicholas


David responds:
5/2/2010 7:35:59 P.M. EDT

Thanks. It looks like I'll be all right. It was a lot worse in Nashville and Davidson County. It is supposed to start clearing up tomorrow. I have heard that I-40 between Nashville and Knoxville is messed up and the Judge was busing the jury today on that route. There is no word of the trial being postponed.

No comments: