Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Peter Brimelow Answers Nine Crucial Questions on Immigration Put to Him by a High School Student

Posted by Nicholas Stix

“Peter Brimelow Answers a High School Student: ‘I Believe My Children Will at Least Exempt Me from “The Curses Of Those Who Come After.”’”

How long have you been involved with immigration issues?

I really started thinking about immigration in my first year in college in England, as a result of Enoch Powell's 1968 (aargh!) speech on immigration into the UK, in my opinion one of the greatest in the language.

Subsequently, I observed the contradictions of US policy as a student at Stanford and an immigrant myself, first to Canada and then to the U.S. This is discussed in my 1992 National Review cover story Time To Rethink Immigration, sometimes credited with restarting the modern debate, which grew into my 1995 book Alien Nation: Common Sense About America's Immigration Disaster.

Read the rest here.

No comments: