Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hear Frank Sinatra Sing the Quintessential Version of Arlen & Mercer’s “One for My Baby (and One More, for the Road)”

By Nicholas Stix

From the trivia section on Sinatra’s IMDB bio page (I cannot vouch for its legitimacy):

A fella came up to me the other day with a nice story. He was in a bar somewhere and it was the quiet time of the night. Everybody's staring down at the sauce and one of my saloon songs comes on the jukebox, "One for My Baby", or something like that. After a while, a drunk at the end of the bar looks up and says, jerking his thumb toward the jukebox, "I wonder who he listens to?"

 


 

[Previously, in this series:

“Frank Sinatra: My Shining Hour (Video, from Trilogy: Past Present Future)”; and

“Hear Frank Sinatra Sing Arlen & Mercer’s Come Rain or Shine.”]


No comments: